Born in the Navy SEALs, suspension training bodyweight exercise develops strength, balance, flexibility and core stability simultaneously. At Nelson Chiropractic and Pilates Center, we combine the principles of Pilates breathing and stabilization with TRX suspension exercises for a functional movement class that leverages gravity and the user’s body weight. The TRX suspension trainer provides a unique environment to challenge your body in new ways from a rehabilitation perspective all the way to sports specific conditioning. For more information, visit www.trxtraining.com
- TRX – Leverage gravity and use your own body weight to strengthen and stabilize! This workout will guide you through the basic foundational exercises through easy to follow progressions using the TRX Suspension Trainer. No experience necessary, all levels welcome! Sneakers may or may not be worn during TRX classes, so better to have them with you just in case!
- TRX JUMP – Let’s kick it up a notch, shall we? Combine reformer stretch and strengthening, Pilates Jumpboard plyometrics and TRX cardio and strength training in one fun and challenging class format. Definitely wear sneakers to this one and be prepared to move! Intermediate/advanced level with modifications provided for beginners, as well.
- TRX CIRCUIT – Play with it all! Anything goes in this class which can include TRX, reformer, chair, mat exercises, gymball, Pilates ring, medicine balls, foam rollers and more! Modifications given for all levels.
- TRX PHIIT – Why should your skeletal and stabilizing muscles have all the fun? Let’s make your heart stronger and more efficient too! Pilates High Intensity Interval Training (PHIIT) combines all the principles of proper form, upright posture, and stability control using an on/off style of work to rest. This class uses TRX and body weight movements appropriate for all levels. Get ready to get sweaty!
- TRX PILATES – Ready to spice it up? This class is a true fusion of TRX and Pilates. Think classic Pilates mat sequences, Pilates using the TRX, and some of our favorite TRX staples thrown in for good measure. All levels welcome!